Saturday, January 19, 2013

A number of Wine Care Storage clients have written me and asked how they could join the litigation.

Please note at the present time, I have not commenced litigation.  Mr. Phillip Waterman III has brought an action seeking information and inspection.

I would propose to the group that we retain litigation counsel to pursue our claims against Wine Care Storage.  While my wife is a litigation lawyer with her own practice, we are not comfortable representing a group of claimants.  We believe that the better way to proceed is to hire third party counsel.  By having a large group of claimants, we should be able to hold the costs down.

It seems to me that there are two distinct groups of claimants - those wine storage customers who purchased premium insurance and those who did not.  Otherwise, I believe that every one is in the same boat that is "under water".

If any one who has a suggestion for litigation counsel, please make a comment on this blog.  In my view the ideal counsel would be from a small firm who would be willing to do this on reasonable hourly rates and/ or on a capped basis.  In a future post, I will make some suggestions as to potential lawyers.

3 comments:

  1. Alan,

    I am connected with a few people who want to join the fun

    Michael Sopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have set up an email address, we are working to find counsel now and are happy to have more parties to help defray costs

    winecaregroup2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michael,

    I would like to join the litigation group. I will be emailing you to send you my information.

    Carlos Aldavero

    ReplyDelete